- Receive feedback via an unlisted YouTube video that you will receive via email
- Refer to our written comments, which will be attached to your original appointment
- Works best if you are unavailable or not on campus during our normal business hours
- Need to already have a draft
- Available to all UWO students
Please Keep In Mind
- Written feedback will be available within an hour of your scheduled appointment time
- Allow 2-3 business hours after your appointment to receive the video feedback
- Plan to have more than one appointment for longer papers; we can usually get through 6-9 pages per appointment
- Be sure to watch the recorded video feedback for a more in-depth explanation of our feedback because our written comments usually are notes for us to reference in the video.
What YOU Do
- Make an appointment indicating you want an online eTutoring appointment (choose “Yes – Schedule eTutoring Appointment”)
- Before your appointment is scheduled to begin, log back in and attach your draft and assignment directions by clicking on the yellow folder icon below your name.
- Shortly after your appointment time (usually within 1-3 hours), you will receive an emailed link to our recorded feedback. You can also view our written feedback by logging back in and clicking on your appointment. Our feedback for you will be attached at the bottom of the appointment form.
- Watch the feedback on your own and decide your next steps as a writer
What WE Do
- Look at your draft and the directions for it, and make comments on it via an audio & screen record
ing that we upload using an unlisted YouTube profile
- Our comments will include a few higher order concerns and a few lower order concerns if there is time
- Consultants will provide feedback on the draft’s organization, clarity, thesis, and structure before commenting on punctuation, word choice, or grammar
- We upload our written feedback to your appointment and send you the link to the recorded feedback via email